Gregg Braden – The 7 Essene Mirrors
- Mystery of the First Mirror: Mirror of the Moment
- Mystery of the Second Mirror: Mirror of that which is Judged
- Mystery of the Third Mirror: Mirror of that which is: Lost, Given Away or Taken Away
- Mystery of the Fourth Mirror: Mirror of “Most Forgotten Love”
- Mystery of the Fifth Mirror: Mirror of “Father / Mother”
- Mystery of the Sixth Mirror: Mirror of Your Quest into Darkness
- Mystery of the Seventh Mirror: Mirror of Self Perception
From the perspective of the ancient Essenes, every human on the earth is an initiate in the Mystery School that we call Life. Whether they are conscious of it or not, every human will experience in the presence of others mirrors of themselves in that moment. If we have the wisdom to recognize those mirrors, we may accelerate the evolution of emotion and understanding.
What the Essenes said was that for us to know and master ourselves in this world, we will see one or some combination of mirrored patterns in others. The seven mirrors are progressively more and more subtle. Back in the ’70s, we heard about the first mirror, of who you are in the moment. The notion was that if you find yourself around individuals who are angry or dishonest, they are showing you your dishonesty or anger. Sometimes the mirrors would apply, but sometimes they wouldn’t. We had discovered the first mirror, but had yet to see the other mirrors, such as the second mirror, which reflects what we judge in the moment.
This is tremendously powerful but very subtle. The ancient Essenes had a very sophisticated understanding of interpersonal human relationships and the role of emotion in those relationships. It’s the role of emotion that we have carefully sifted out of our Western experience up until very recently. Now, as we go back into these texts, we see that it is emotion that proves the power and, when coupled with logic, true magic and miracles occur.